***Our 509 comp is NOT compatible with the larger barrel diameter of the FN509 Compact Tactical pistol. ***
Threadlocker must be applied to the set screws once the comp is installed.
Designed specifically for the 509 Tactical, this comp is machined out of 7075 aluminum, and hard anodized or cerakoted, with two top ports and two side ports. The comp is secured to the barrel with a pair of set screws from the underside. The set screws are 6-32 x 3/16, and require a 1/16 in hex key which is included with the order
Barrel thread spec is 1/2 x 28.
FN 509 Comp Installation Instructions
- Verify that your gun is clear.
- Remove the slide from the frame and take out the recoil spring assembly.
- Thread the comp onto the barrel.
- Align the top face of the comp with the top face of the slide.
- Back the set screws out 2-3 turns and apply a small amount of VC-3 threadlocker to each set screw with a toothpick. **Allow the threadlocker to dry for 30-40 minutes before tightening the set screws.**
- Reinstall the recoil spring assembly (we recommend using the Yellow spring set that comes with the 509T).
- Assemble the slide back on to the frame, and cycle the slide to verify that the comp is still correctly aligned and does not make contact with the front face of the slide.